Call for Presenters for CALA 21st Century Librarian Seminar Series
Pudong Library, Shanghai, China
June 12-14, 2017
Dear CALA members:
The CALA International Relations Committee is pleased to announce a new event in the CALA 21st Century Librarian Seminar Series: Seminar in Shanghai, China, June 12-14, 2017, to be held at Pudong Library 浦东图书馆. The sponsors for this coming event are: CALA and Pudong Library. The theme of this seminar is “Library and Social Development, New Setting, New Ideas and New Services 图书馆与社会发展：新环境 新理念 新服务”Sub-themes include “New forms of the Future Library, 图书馆未来发展的新形态”; “Technology and Innovation of Library Services技术发展与图书馆服务创新”; “Developing Digital Resources for Promoting Reading数字资源建设与阅读推广”; and “The Librarian’s Competencies for the New Era新环境下的馆员能力建设”.
According to the agreement with Pudong Library, CALA is sending a team up to 5 experienced speakers.
Qualification of Speakers:
- An ALA-accredited MLS degree or its equivalent is required;
- Must be a CALA member;
- Must have at least 6 years of post MLS professional working experience in a field of library services in the North America.
- Must have experience in presentation and be responsible for the quality of the assigned topics;
- Must agree to prepare and deliver quality PowerPoint presentations in Chinese or in English;
- Must be willing to work with the team and to follow the direction of the team leader;
- Must be responsible for his/her own international travel expenses.
- The Pudong Library will cover speakers' lodging, meals and local transportation cost during the seminar period (June 12-14, 2017);
- Speakers will each receive allowance from Pudong Library;
- Opportunity of presenting and exchanging ideas with other librarians and visiting local libraries.
Please use the attached application form to apply. Your application form, presentation examples and resume should be sent to both firstname.lastname@example.org, and email@example.com.
The deadline for application is Feb. 15, 2017. The selection results will be announced on March, 3, 2017.
CALA International Relations Committee
Shuyong Jiang (Co-Chair) firstname.lastname@example.org
Guoqing Li (Co-Chair) email@example.com
Jianye He firstname.lastname@example.org
Guoying Liu email@example.com
Shen Ying firstname.lastname@example.org