Date: June 16, 2009
Co-chair, Junlin Pan, Reference Librarian, North Illinois University
Co-chair, Susan Xue, Head, Information and Public Services, C.V. Starr East Asian Library, UC Berkeley
Ted Gemberling, University of Alabama at Birmingham
Shuhua Liu, Librarian, San Jose Public/University Library
Win Shih, Head, Library System, University at Albany, SUNY
Hong Wang, Social Sciences Librarian, California State University, Sacramento
Is this an interim or annual report?: Annual report
List significant activities the committee has done since last report:
1. Received six manuals from Zhang Shali, CALA President:
2) Vice President/President-Elect
3) Second Vice President / President-Elect
5) Scholarship Committee
6) Mentoring Program Committee
2. Group 1 (Win Shih, Susan Xue) revised three manuals: President, Vice President/President-Elect, and Scholarship Committee.
3. Group 2 (Shuhua Liu, Hong Wang) revised three manuals: Second Vice President/President-Elect, Treasurer, and Mentoring Program Committee.
4. Group 3 (Ted Gemberling, Junlin Pan) finalized five of the six manuals revised by other two groups.
5. Group 3 is in the process of finalizing the manual for Scholarship Committee, and will submit it to CALA President in June for review.
6. Finalized manuals were submitted to CALA President for review in April and June.
List committee recommendations, if any, to the Board:
1. The Board reviews the six documents completed by the Organizational Manual Taskforce, and if acceptable, approves them in principles as working documents.
2. Posts the completed documents on CALA website.
3. CALA officers and committees concerned use the finalized manuals, and provide feedback, if any, for further revision.